The Hereditary Disease Foundation invites applications for its research grants. These support research projects that contribute to identifying and understanding the fundamental defects in Huntington’s disease. The foundation’s current focus is on:
- modifier studies on DNA repair pathways, protein degradation and other modifiers of phenotype and age of onset;
- mechanisms of HD neurodegeneration;
- biomarkers of disease progression;
- therapy for HD-induced neurodegeneration.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth up to USD $75,000 (approx. AUD $104,000) each for one year.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 15 December 2018 – 1 February 2019: Letter of Intent (LOI)
- 8 April 2019: full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review