The Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation (JDRF) invites letters of intent for its novel pathways and targets for beta cell regenerating therapies in diabetes funding opportunity. This supports studies aimed at the discovery and validation of novel pathways and targets to promote the regeneration of functional human beta cell mass. Projects should aim to identify and characterise novel drug targets or pathways in the beta cell that will selectively enhance regeneration of functional human beta cell mass.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth between USD $100,000 and $500,000 (approx. AUD $139,000 and $695,000) each for one to two years.
- Applicants must hold an MD, DMD, DVM, PhD or equivalent qualification and a faculty position or equivalent at a college, university, medical school or comparable institution.
- There are no citizenship requirements.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 20 November 2018, 5.00pm (ET) – Letter of Intent (LOI)
- 24 January 2019 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review