This award supports innovative research designed to accelerate the discovery, development and application of new agents to treat breast cancer, or pre-clinical research with direct therapeutic intent.
Funding & Duration
Grants are each worth USD $150,000 (approx. AUD $208,000) over two years for expenses related to the research project, which may include salary and benefits of the recipient and their team, research supplies, equipment, publication charges for manuscripts pertaining directly to the project, and other research expenses.
Applicants must have a doctoral degree in a related field and not currently be a candidate for a further doctoral degree. At the start of the grant term, applicants must:
- hold a faculty position with the title of assistant professor, instructor, research assistant professor or an equivalent position;
- have completed their most recent doctoral degree within the past 11 years;
- have independent laboratory space as confirmed by their institution;
- work at an academic, medical or research institution anywhere in the world.
There are no citizenship requirements. AACR membership is required. Any individual who currently holds an active AACR grant may not apply. Employees or subcontractors of a US government entity or for-profit private industry are not eligible.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 5 December 2018
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review