American-Australian Indigenous Arts Grants are intended to support an emerging or early career Indigenous Australian artist in their professional development in the United States. The grant will be awarded to an Indigenous Australian artist who shows great talent in the fields of theatre, fashion, dance, film & television, music, literary arts, visual arts, crafts and design.
Grant are offered at USD $10,000 (approx. AUD $14,000)
General eligibility requirements for the American-Australian Indigenous Arts Grant:
- Applicants must be an Indigenous Australian citizen or permanent resident.
- The Indigenous Australian applicants must be applying for professional development in America.
- Applicants must be emerging or early career practicing artists. In exceptional cases, judges may consider providing support for artists who do not fall into the emerging/early career category.
- Applications must be prepared and submitted by the artist (not by a third party).
- Course/project commencement date cannot be more than 8 months after the application deadline date. If an applicant has already begun their course or project, it cannot be more than 75% complete at the time of the application deadline.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 November 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review