The Cancer Research Institute invites applications for the Lloyd J Old scientists taking risks programme. This enables mid-career investigators to explore out-of-the-box and disruptive avenues of cancer research.
Funding & Duration
Grants are each worth up to USD $250,000 (approx. AUD $347,000) per year for five years.
Applicants must have an MD, PhD or an equivalent qualification. They must also belong to one of the following categories as of 1 July 2019:
- tenure-track assistant professor with a minimum of three years in the position, or appointed on or before 1 July 2016;
- tenure-track associate professor with a maximum of three years in the position, or appointed on or after 1 July 2016.
Adjunct or acting positions are not eligible. There are no citizenship restrictions and research may be conducted at medical schools and research centres in the US or abroad.
Research at for-profit institutions is not supported.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 22 February 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review