This supports the development of new therapies for epilepsy, including medicines, biologics or devices. The programme also encourages one-to-one matching grants to academic and commercial entities to support the commercialisation of novel approaches to the treatment of epilepsy. Areas of interest include:
- novel approaches to treatment;
- platform technology to advance screening techniques that can be utilised by multiple laboratories, including utility of techniques for early proof-of-concept trials;
- adaptation of treatment in development for another therapeutic area to assess utility for epilepsy.
Please note: Applicants are strongly encouraged to discuss their proposals with Adelaide Enterprise in terms of potential commercial partners or commercialisation path.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth up to USD $350,000 (approx AUD $484,000) for one to two years.
Investigators worldwide may apply. Preference is given to proposals that:
- already have a commercial partner engaged to assist with development,
- that have committed matching funding from a third party source,
- that might not otherwise be funded through traditional sources, and
- that encourage collaboration between scientists and industry.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- 28 January 2019 – Letters of Intent submitted directly to Sponsor
- 25 March 2019 – Invited applications submitted for internal review
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review