The Directorate-General for International Cooperation and Development (EuropeAid) invites applications for its European instrument for democracy and human rights. This supports projects aiming to protect and promote human rights and fundamental freedoms in civil society.
The call is divided in the following lots:
- supporting lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and intersex human rights defenders and their organisations working in areas where these persons are most at risk from discrimination;
- supporting the fight against the death penalty; and
- supporting civic activism and participation by leveraging digital technology.
Funding & Duration
Grants are worth up to €2.5M (approx. AUD $2.9M) each. Co-funding of at least 5 per cent and at most 49 per cent of the costs is required. Activities should last between two and four years
Applicants must be legal entities and be non-profit making. For-profit organisations may be eligible in exceptional circumstances. Activities must take place outside the European Union.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 14 December 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review