The Lupus Research Alliance invites applications the following schemes.
Novel Research Grant Program
This program provides early stage support for high-risk, high-reward, idea-driven investigations into the fundamental mechanisms of lupus and its complications, and the explorations of novel targets, pathways and technologies. The aim is to stimulate the study of underexplored avenues that can lead to the development of safer and more effective treatments. Special emphasis is placed on lupus studies exploring fundamental mechanisms, novel targets and pathways, novel technologies and interdisciplinary approaches.
- Funding & Duration: Grants are worth up to USD $150,000 (approx. AUD $208,000) per year, for up to three years.
- Eligibility: Individuals with a doctoral degree, MD, PhD, DO or equivalent, holding a faculty, or equivalent, position at the instructor level and above at an academic or research institution may apply. There are no citizenship requirements. US federal government research laboratories are not eligible
Target Identification in Lupus Programme
This supports research highly focused on lupus that should lead directly to knowledge that will facilitate drug discovery or testing of new treatments. These therapies may be used to treat systemic or organ-specific manifestations of lupus, although they may find applicability in the setting of other autoimmune or inflammatory illnesses. Research must be based on realisable goals for translation into therapeutic discovery programmes. Targets can include small molecules, biologic agents, vaccines, gene therapy, as well as novel approaches in public health and risk reduction.
- Funding & Duration: Grants are worth up to USD $200,000 (approx. AUD $277,000) per year for up to three years.
- Eligibility: Individuals with a doctoral degree such as MD, PhD or DO, holding a faculty, or equivalent, position at the instructor level and above at an academic or research institution are eligible to apply. There are no citizenship requirements. Research in industry or collaborations between academia and industry are supported.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 25 January 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review