This scheme supports projects that are relevant to climate action and development, and carried out in developing countries. The goal is to achieve climate-resilient economic growth, and projects should be aimed at combating climate change and enabling people to adapt to climate change. Projects must relate to the following sectors:
- access to renewable, non-fossil energy for households, transport and businesses;
- sustainable land use and resilient ecosystems;
- water security;
- food security.
Projects should seek to maximise impact on gender equality
Funding & Duration
Projects are funded at between €1m and €10M (approx. AUD $1.6M and $15.7M) per project, over a period of eight years.
Dutch and non-Dutch organisations with a track record in the area of climate change and international finance may apply, individually or in consortia. Projects must take place in a developing country on the OECD’s Development Assistance Committee list. Projects supporting the most vulnerable countries and groups are encouraged. A minimum of 50 per cent, and preferably 65 per cent, of the fund should go towards adaptation projects.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 15 February 2019
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review