The Industrial Transformation Training Centres scheme fosters close partnerships between university-based researchers and other research end-users to provide innovative Higher Degree by Research (HDR) and postdoctoral training, for end-user focused research industries that are vital to Australia’s future.
The current Industrial Transformation Priorities are:
- Advanced Manufacturing
- Cyber Security
- Food and Agribusiness
- Medical Technologies and Pharmaceuticals
- Mining Equipment, Technology and Services
- Oil, Gas and Energy Resources.
Funding & Duration
The Industrial Transformation Training Centre scheme provides project funding of a minimum of $650,000 per year for the first three years and $150,000 in the fourth year. There is no minimum in the fifth year. The maximum level of funding is $1 million per year per project for each year of the project. Project funding may be used for: personnel, for example, Training Centre Manager, postdoctoral fellows; research associates and assistants, technicians and laboratory attendants; stipends for higher degree by research candidates; teaching relief; access to research and infrastructure facilities and technical workshop services; essential field research; expert third party services; equipment and consumables; publication and dissemination of outputs and outreach; specialised computer equipment and software; travel costs essential to the project; web hosting and development; workshops, focus groups and conferences; and essential support costs for researchers who are carers or who themselves require care.
Please refer to the Industrial Transformation Training Centres Guidelines [PDF] for further details related to funding and eligibility criteria.
Key Internal Dates & Submission Instructions
- Request not to Assess – 21 November 2018
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 28 November 2018
- ARC proposals close 12 December 2018
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Visit the Research Services ITTC website for detailed submission instructions and other application resources.
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Contact a Grants Officer