The Linkage Projects scheme aims to foster alliances between higher education institutions and external Partner Organisations.The main objectives of the scheme are to:
- support the initiation and/or development of long-term strategic research alliances between higher education organisations and other organisations, including industry and other research end-users, in order to apply advanced knowledge to problems and/or to provide opportunities to obtain national economic, commercial, social or cultural benefits
- provide opportunities for internationally competitive research projects to be conducted in collaboration with organisations outside the higher education sector, targeting those who have demonstrated a clear commitment to high-quality research
- encourage growth of a national pool of world-class researchers to meet the needs of the broader Australian innovation system
- build the scale and focus of research in the national Science and Research Priorities
Funding, Duration, and Eligibility
- Linkage Program Funding Rules [ARC website]
The Linkage Projects scheme opened for continuous submission and assessment of proposals on 1 July 2016—a measure announced by the Australian Government as part of the National Innovation and Science Agenda on 7 December 2015. The continuous submission and assessment process means that proposals are rigorously assessed as soon as they are submitted in the ARC’s Research Management System (RMS).
If you are intending to apply, please complete a Notification of Intent ASAP.
This will assist Research Services and Research Business & Partnerships (RBP) to coordinate and streamline approaches to developing Linkage Projects and their concomitant agreements.
Visit the Research Services Linkage Projects website detailed submission instructions and other application resources.
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Contact a Grants Officer