The Australia-India Strategic Research Fund is a bilateral program administered in conjunction with the Indian Government. Grant decisions are made jointly with the Indian Government.
The objectives of the program are to:
- increase the uptake of leading science and technology by supporting collaboration between Australian and Indian researchers in strategically focused, leading-edge scientific research and technology projects
- strengthen strategic alliances between Australian and Indian researchers, and
- facilitate Australia and India’s access to the global science and technology system.
The priority areas for Round 11 of the Australia-India Strategic Research Fund Collaborative Research Projects are:
Indo-Australian Science & Technology Fund (administered by DST in India)
- Energy storage (batteries)
- Marine science
Indo-Australian Biotechnology Fund (administered by DBT in India)
- Plant genomics
- Neurodegenerative diseases, including palliative care
Funding & Duration
Grants are awarded at up to $500,000 for a maximum grant period of 3 years.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN), and
- be one of the following entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- a publicly funded research organisation (PFRO)
- a Cooperative Research Centre
- an other Australian incorporated entity.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
Due to the University can only submit a maximum of two applications:
- one with a corresponding application being submitted under the Science and Technology Fund with India’s Department of Science and Technology
- one corresponding application being submitted under the Biotechnology Fund with India’s Department of Biotechnology
Therefore an internal selection process will be conducted if there is more than one application under each stream. Interested candidates must notify email@example.com by 18 December 2018 with a short summary (maximum 2 pages) of:
- The extent that your project will advance research and collaboration in priority areas
- Benefits to Australia and India
- Your capacity, capability and resources to deliver the project
- Impact of grant funding
- Visit the website for this scheme