Investigator Grants consolidate separate fellowship and research support into one grant scheme that provides the highest-performing researchers at all career stages with funding for their salary (if required) and a significant research support package.
These grants provide the investigator with flexibility to pursue important new research directions as they arise and to form collaborations as needed, rather than being restricted to the scope of a specific research project.
Grants are offered in two major categories, Emerging Leadership (EL) and Leadership (L), and support:
- different career stages, from early-career researchers to established researchers;
- researchers with clinical responsibilities;
- part-time researchers.
Emerging leadership investigator grants are restricted to researchers who are less than 10 years post-PhD or equivalent.
Funding & Duration
Emerging Leadership (EL) grants are worth between $50,000 and $200,000 each per year, and Leadership (L) grants between $300,000 and $600,000 each per year for five years.
Non-salary grants are also available, and a portion of the grants may be spent overseas.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
Grants open for submissions on the 5 December 2018
Please note: All new and existing grant schemes will be managed through RGMS until further notice. This includes CREs, Development Grants, TCRs and Investigator Grants.
Your researcher CV and Profile will continue to be managed through RGMS until further notice.
- Minimum Data due – 16 January 2019
- Applications submitted to Research Services for review – 23 January 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Contact a Grants Officer