This notice is relevant for calls 18/185, 18/189, 18/191, 18/194, 18/195, 18/199
The National Institute for Health Research, in collaboration with the Australian National Health and Medical Research Council, invites applications for its commissioned workstream under the health technology assessment programme.These encourage Australian participation and collaboration in leading international collaborative research relating to the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of healthcare treatments and tests. Eligible studies include both primary research and evidence synthesis.
Proposals are invited for the following topics:
- antipsychotics for anorexia nervosa;
- combination treatment for dementia with Lewy bodies and Parkinson’s disease dementia;
- care planning intervention for people with dementia who do not have regular contact with an informal carer;
- vagus nerve stimulation for highly treatment-resistant depression;
- extended treatment in early intervention in psychosis services;
- de-prescribing strategies for long-term use of benzodiazepines and z-drugs.
Funding & Duration
There are no fixed limits on the duration of projects or funding for UK applicants, and proposals should be tailored to fully address the research problem. NHMRC provides up to AUD $3M to support the Australian components of projects.
Applications that include a research collaboration between UK and Australian institutions are encouraged.
Applications from UK institutions without an Australian collaborative element are also welcome for consideration.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- This notice is relevant for calls 18/185, 18/189, 18/191, 18/194, 18/195, 18/199
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 20 March 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review