The U.S. Embassy Canberra’s Public Affairs Section (PAS) invites proposals for projects that strengthen support for and deepen understanding of the enduring U.S. – Australia partnership and shared interests in a free and open Indo-Pacific. All programs must include an American element, or connection with American expert/s, organization/s, or institution/s in a specific field that will promote increased understanding of, or experience with, the United States.
July 20, 2019 marks the 50th anniversary of the first humans landing on the moon. PAS Canberra especially welcomes proposals from individuals and organisations that highlight the cooperation between the U.S. and Australian in this momentous event and the continued U.S. – Australian cooperation in space exploration.
For this year, Priority Program Areas are:
- Advance U.S. – Australian cooperation to promote a free and open Indo-Pacific, specifically in the areas of: 1) regional security, 2) regional economic trade and investment, and 3) governance;
- Highlight the cooperation between the U.S. and Australia in space exploration and the 50th anniversary of the landing on the moon.
- Promote and educate the Australian public on the U.S. – Australia economic relationship and the economic opportunities in the U.S. for Australians;
- Engage young Australians on the U.S. – Australia partnership through U.S. culture and community programming.
Funding & Duration
- Length of performance period: 3 to 12 months
- Number of awards anticipated: Multiple awards (dependent on amounts)
- Award amounts: Awards may range from a minimum of $3,000 to a maximum of $25,000
The Public Affairs Section encourages applications from U.S. and Australian:
- Not-for-profit organisations, including think tanks and civil society/non-governmental organisations with programming experience
- Non-profit or governmental educational institutions
- Governmental institutions
For-profit or commercial entities are not eligible to apply.
Please read the Notice of Funding Opportunity document [PDF] for details regarding eligibility.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 22 March 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review