About the Workshops
The Research Grants Unit (RGU) is offering a number of National Health and Medical Research Council (NHMRC) Ideas Grants – Application Workshops in the lead up to the minimum data submission deadline (10 April 2019) and the final NHMRC submission deadline (8 May 2019).
These are repeated group sessions which will step applicants through the NHMRC Ideas Grants application form and provide explicit advice and guidance on how each section should be completed.
NHMRC Ideas Grants are a *NEW SCHEME* with new requirements, new application format, new selection criteria and assessment processes. It won’t be possible to simply re-submit a past NHMRC Project Grant application for this scheme.
Guidance will be provided for addressing the NHMRC Selection Criteria and for creating a clear and concise application.
There will be opportunities for interaction and Q&A to address specific applicant issues.
Note: a draft application is not a pre-requisite for attendance. Applicants seeking specific or detailed feedback on their draft application may wish to schedule a 1:1 meeting with a Research Grants Officer (RGO) to discuss their application if their queries are not addressed in the Workshop / Clinic.
Dr Cadence Haynes, Research Grants Manager, Health and Medical, Research Grants Unit, Research Services.
Intending applicants for NHMRC Ideas Grants, research administrators/research support staff and project managers assisting in the preparation of NHMRC applications.
- 10:00 – 11:00am, Thursday 7 March – Molecular Life Sciences 5th floor meeting room Register
- 10:00 – 11:30am, Friday 8 March – AHMS G030 Lecture Theatre Register
- 10:00 – 11:00am, Tuesday 12 March – Roseworthy Corridor G14/G15 Meeting Room Register
- 1:00 – 2:00pm, Wednesday 13 March, BHI Seminar rooms, The Queen Elizabeth Hospital Register
- 10:00 – 11:00am, Friday 15 March, Helen Mayo Sth S333a/S333b Register
Contact: Dr Cadence Haynes, Research Grants Manager, Research Grants Unit, Research Services.