Innovation Partnership Grants are competitive and will be delivered in two rounds. Grants will provide targeted funds to scale already tested activities that address emerging challenges or opportunities in any sector of Vietnam’s innovation system. Aus4Innovation aims to fund technologies or activities with:
- an existing proof of concept,
- an articulated market segment or path to impact, and
- an existing relationship between an Australian and a Vietnamese entity.
Grants are provided on a competitive basis.
Grant Round 1
The first round of grants will focus on developing partnerships between organisations in Australia and Vietnam. Project topics are not constrained, but those aligned with the outcomes of other Aus4Innovation work streams will be favourably considered.
Topics identified to date by the draft report of Work Stream 1 – Foresighting the Digital Future for Vietnam are described below.
These possible topics include (but are not limited to):
- Adoption of digital technology into small enterprise
- Solutions for reducing gender and rural-based digital divides
- High value goods: quality, individualisation, equality, humanity and provenance
- Increasing labour productivity, including technology-based skills for men and women fit for Industry 4.0
- Agriculture 4.0: productivity, export market access, and food provenance
- Manufacturing 4.0: data, cyber-physical-biological systems, AI, and additive manufacturing
- Smarter, healthier and safer cities
- Cyber security and privacy in the 4th Industrial Revolution
Funding & Duration
The total value of the Competitive Grant is AUD $3M, to be delivered in two rounds, with up to 10 grants to be awarded, ranging from AUD $100K to AUD $1M each, depending on the funding requirement of your innovation idea / activity.
To be eligible for the grant, there must be an existing partnership that includes at least on Vietnamese and one Australian organisation.
Preferred eligible Australian organisations include universities, research institutes, public sector agencies or civil society organisations. Australian for-profit companies may not be lead partners in Round 1.
Eligible Vietnamese organisations include any private, public sector, or civil society organisation operating in Vietnam.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 12 April 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review