Pfizer Global Medical Grants (GMG) supports the global healthcare community’s independent initiatives (e.g., research, quality improvement or education) to improve patient outcomes in areas of unmet medical need that are aligned with Pfizer’s medical and/or scientific strategies.
The follow Requests for Funding (RFRs) are currently available for Junior Investigators:
- Transthyretin Amyloid Cardiomyopathy (ATTR-CM) Research Competitive Grant Program for Junior Investigators
- Transthyretin Amyloid Polyneuropathy (ATTR-PN) Research Competitive Grant Program for Junior Investigators
Funding & Duration
Individual projects requesting up to USD $75,000 each (approx. AUD $105,000) will be considered. All budgets must be submitted in USD and all awards will be paid in USD. Pfizer anticipates awarding 4 to 5 grants.
- Anticipated Project Timeline: 1 year
- Anticipated Project Start Date: January 2020
Applicants from any country except for the United States are eligible to apply. In addition:
- the applicant (PI) must be a junior investigator with a professional terminal degree (MD and/or PhD and/or PharmD or equivalent). Applicants enrolled in a residency, fellowship or postdoctoral program are encouraged to apply.
- the applicant must be developing their research careers in ATTR Amyloidosis.
- the applicant must have a mentor or senior investigator participate as a co-investigator –
- members of the 2019 External Review Committee and 2018 ASPIRE awardees are not eligible to apply or serve as mentors or collaborating investigators on applications from other investigators (this includes applications from junior investigators).
- the principal investigator (PI) and institution must be based in one of the eligible countries noted above.
- the applicant must be affiliated with a host institution.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 7 June 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review