The McDonald Fellowship enables young researchers from emerging countries to work in a research institution outside of their own country. Following the award, the Foundation expects applicants will be able to use the newly developed expertise and networks, continuing to undertake MS research and/or patient care in emerging countries.
Funding & Duration
The fellowship offers GBP £30,000 (approx. AUD $54,700) per year, for two years, to cover travel and living costs. Additional funding of GBP £2,000 (approx. AUD $3,600) per year will be provided to the host institution.
All candidates must:
- be under 35 at the time of application
- be educated to post-graduate level in an area relevant to multiple sclerosis (MS)
- be citizens of a low- or middle-income country, as defined by the World Bank
- focus their research in an area relevant to MS
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 12 July 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review