Pfizer Global Medical Grants (GMG) supports the global healthcare community’s independent initiatives (e.g. research, quality improvement or education) to improve patient outcomes in areas of unmet medical need that are aligned with Pfizer’s medical and/or scientific strategies.
The intent of this Request for Proposal (RFP) is to invite investigators from across the globe to submit innovative proposals focusing on the following areas:
- Hormone receptor positive metastatic breast cancer:
- Treatment strategies to overcome palbociclib + endocrine treatment resistance
- Novel treatment concepts of adding immuno-oncology (IO) agents to palbociclib + endocrine therapy
- Metastatic breast cancer:
- Novel treatment strategies utilizing talazoparib beyond gBRCA mutation
- Novel treatment strategies to overcome talazoparib resistance or improve tumor sensitization to talazoparib.
In addition, incorporation of the following into the proposed clinical study would be of interest:
- a correlative/biomarker component using paired biopsy samples (e.g pre- and post- treatment),
- cfDNA assessment,
- predictive signatures beyond gBRCAmut in advanced breast cancer (such as tumor BRCA/PALB2mut or HRD), or
- PK/PD biomarkers to explore potential mechanisms of resistance/response or synergistic effect.
A total of USD $5M (approx. AUD $7.2M) is allocated to this program.
View the Program Guidelines (PDF) for full eligibility details.
Submission Requirements & Due Dates
- 15 October 2019 – Letter of Intent (LOI)
- 2 January 2020 – full applications (by invitation only) submitted for internal review.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- View the Program Guidelines (PDF) for this scheme