This opportunity uses the R01 (Clinical Trial Not Allowed) Research Project Grant funding mechanism.
This funding announcement encourages applications directed toward developing next-generation human cell-derived assays that replicate complex nervous system architectures and physiology with improved fidelity over current capabilities. This includes technologies that do not rely on the use of human fetal tissue. Supported projects will be expected to enable future studies of complex nervous system development, function and ageing in healthy and disease states.
Funding & Duration
- Application budgets are limited to USD $500,000 (approx. AUD $717,000) in direct costs in any project year.
- The total project period may not exceed 3 years.
Non-domestic (non-U.S.) Entities (Foreign Institutions) are eligible to apply.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- 1 October 2019 – Letter of Intent (LOI)
- 25 October 2019 – full applications submitted for internal review.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review