The National Health & Medical Research Council (NHMRC) – National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Collaborative Research Grant Scheme supports Australian participation and collaboration in leading international collaborative research through the United Kingdom’s National Institute for Health Research – Health Technology Assessment Programme (NIHR-HTA Programme).
The NIHR-HTA Programme funds independent research about the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of healthcare treatments and tests. Further information on the NIHR-HTA Programme is available from NIHR website.
Funding & Duration
Total amount available is $3M, for a period of five years.
Australian researchers who are listed on an NIHR expression of interest (stage 1), who have been invited to stage 2 and submit a full application in one of the research topic areas listed below should apply:
- 18/185 Antipsychotics for anorexia nervosa
- 18/189 Combination treatment for dementia with Lewy Bodies and Parkinson’s disease dementia
- 18/191 Care planning intervention for people with dementia who do not have regular contact with an informal carer
- 18/194 Vagus nerve stimulation for highly treatment-resistant depression
- 18/195 Extended treatment in early intervention in psychosis services
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 19 July 2019
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review