The Global Grants for Gut Health is a competitive programme for investigator-initiated research into the human gut microbiota, supported by Yakult and Nature Research.
The Global Grants for Gut Health will consider proposals of one-year for research projects – whether laboratory investigations or clinical studies – that advance understanding of the mechanisms of action by which gut microbiota have an impact on human health.
Applications might relate to:
- The gut-associated immune system and how it is modulated by microbiota
- How the gut microbiota exercise influence in inflammatory and metabolic diseases
- The mechanisms by which the microbiota influence the gut‒brain axis
In all cases the focus should be on uncovering and understanding how the microbiota exerts an influence on human health.
Funding & Duration
Up to US $100,000 (approx. AUD $145,000). Research projects should be one year in duration.
Applicants should be employed by a university, research institute or any other not-for-profit organisation. Applicants must hold a doctorate or medical degree (e.g. PhD, MD, PharmD) and have at least five years’ postdoctoral research experience.
The awards are global, so applicants can be of any nationality and projects can be hosted at eligible organisations in any country apart from Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Sudan, Syria or where otherwise prohibited or restricted by law as updated from time to time.
The programme is open to applicants from all scientific disciplines.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 September 2019
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code FND000627
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review