The strategic partnership between the University of Adelaide (UA) and North Carolina State University (NC State) is a preferred relationship to leverage complementary strengths and trans-disciplinary scholarship to advance research collaboration as well as academic exchanges. This funding program is designed to provide pump-priming and early contact partner outreach with the expectation that they will lead to more substantive engagement resulting in high-quality outputs. Potential high quality outputs include international research training for graduate students and/or early career faculty, publication of joint papers from collaborative research, or follow-on joint research funding bids.
- Defense, cyber, and space
- Agriculture and food security
- Global/One Health (human, animal, and environment)
- Materials and chemical engineering
Funding & Duration
Each project is eligible for co-funding up to AUD $10,000 (UA) and approx. US $6,750 (NC State) to support travel and research costs. Funds will be made available to lead investigators via their respective institutions after 1 January 2020.
Proposals are invited from permanent, tenured or tenure track faculty or research professionals at NC State University (those who comply with Sponsored Programs eligibility requirements) and academic and research only staff at the University of Adelaide.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Submissions close: 31 October 2019
- Applicants must complete and submit the online application form at https://global.ncsu.edu/research-and-funding/adelaide/ and upload all supporting documents.
- Only one application is required from either Principal Investigator (PI) at NC State or UA for jointly drafted proposals.
- Additional requirements for UA applicants: please complete your internal RFR eForm through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 9000730.