This Climate Change Risk Assessment will require the Consultant to understand climate change and the related impacts on local government operations, services and assets. The Consultant will undertake a climate change risk assessment, building upon previous climate risk assessments and adaptation planning to deliver an up-to-date assessment of the Council’s corporate exposure to climate change. This work will assume a full organisational perspective and the Consultant will inform and engage executive-level risk workshops and present the final report via workshops and elected member meetings.
The core deliverables are:
- Develop and adapt climate risk inventory mapping tool
- Climate-related risk assessment (utilising ISO 31000 methodology, informed by research, previous assessments and plans, surveys, interviews and desktop analysis)
- Evaluation of operational intervention points, financial and legislative implications and adaptation measures (for management, oversight, planning and resource allocation)
- Workshop finding with Strategic Risk and Internal Audit Group (SRIA) to provide organisational integration, prioritisation and oversight
- PowerPoint Presentation and Final Report (proposed recommendations)
- Guides and templates developed for sharing with SA local government community*
*Dependent on third party funding
Tender No. & Further Information
- SA Tenders – COA045906
Closing Date & Time
- 24 September 2019
- Please contact Sanjee Peiris (Business Partnership Specialist) for assistance with a submission.