The Parliamentary Library offers two summer research scholarships for postgraduate students each year. The Summer Research Scholarship allows scholars to understand and work within this important national institution. The scholarship also gives recipients the opportunity to:
- build research expertise
- contribute to scholarship on the Parliament and its work
- receive training and access the Library’s specialist collections and databases
- interact with subject-matter experts and
- be guided by a mentor who will provide advice during the scholarship.
Funding & Duration
Scholars work alongside specialist researchers in the Parliamentary Library in Canberra for a period of six weeks (January–February 2020) to produce a report on a topic of relevance to the Library’s research program.
Upon successful completion of the scholarship, an honorarium of $1,800 is paid.
The Parliamentary Library Summer Research Scholarship is open to postgraduate students studying at an Australian tertiary institution who have successfully completed at least one year (FTE) of postgraduate study. Applicants must be Australian citizens and be enrolled at the time of the scholarship.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications submitted directly to Sponsor by 16 October 2019.
- View the Application Kit (PDF)
- General enquiries: email@example.com