The Mount Gambier Centre of the National Institute for Forest Products Innovation (NIFPI Mount Gambier Centre) aims to grow Australia’s forest and forest products industry by exploring and facilitating innovation in the plantation forest products sector in areas such as forest management, timber processing, wood fibre recovery, value adding, advanced manufacturing and the bio-economy.
Innovation is defined as an idea that translates to a solution that industry adopts.
The NIFPI committee is calling for new proposals or variations to previous applicants and/or supported projects.The following priorities have been identified which have not yet been adequately covered by supported projects:
- Better utilisation of low grade and waste products from log and timber manufacturing
- Improved understanding of Fatigue throughout the forestry supply chain
- Development of innovative transport systems
- Better use of data streams – Robotics, Automation and Artificial Intelligence
Proposals are not limited to the above priorities with all proposals considered.
Industry support continues to be an important eligibility criterion.
Funding & Duration
AUD $255,000 will be made available to allocate to research projects.
To be eligible for funding from the NIFPI Mount Gambier Centre, the applicant must:
- have an Australian Business Number
- have (or be able to partner with and/or acquire) the demonstrated operational capability and expertise to successfully deliver and operate the project
- not be subject to any legal disability, including bankruptcy or liquidation
- identify governance arrangements for project delivery where more than one entity is involved in project delivery
- have documented evidence of support from Green Triangle industry partners attached to proposals.
Application Documents & Guidelines
- NIFPI Mount Gambier Round 2.1 request for proposals [PDF]
- NIFPI Mount Gambier Centre Round 2.1 Call For Project Proposal Briefing Document [PDF]
- NIFPI Mount Gambier Centre Round 2.1 Project Application Form [Doc]
- NIFPI Mount Gambier Centre Round 2.1 Project Variation Request Application Form [Doc]
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 21 October 2019
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com