The National Drug Discovery Centre (NDDC) provides researchers with an affordable pathway to conduct a high-throughput screening campaign. Your assay will be modified by specialist staff to take full advantage of an industry gold-standard robotic drug discovery platform. The NDDC offers:
- Cutting-edge automation, enabling rapid and reproducible testing of large compound libraries
- Access to more than 300,000 high-quality and diverse lead-like small molecules
- Acoustic dispensing technology for accurate volume measurement
- Miniaturisation to 1536-well format, ensuring the most efficient use of assay components such as purified proteins or precious cell lines
- Full ownership rights to new intellectual property that is generated from the screening results
- Work performed by experienced specialists using stringent and effective quality control standards
Successful applicants from Australian research institutes and universities will benefit from testing their breakthroughs at a highly subsidised rate of 90 per cent off actual costs. As an indicative guide, the full cost to perform a 300,000-compound screen is typically in the range of $1.00 to $1.50 per compound, depending on the assay. Total costs are generally from $300,000 to $450,000. This cost is subsidised by the Australian Government, reducing the price to around $30,000 to $45,000, with 50 per cent of this fee to be paid upfront and the closing 50 per cent balance upon project conclusion.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 31 October 2019.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact a Grants Officer