The National Institutes of Health (NIH) Eunice Kennedy Shriver National Institute of Child Health and Human Development (NICHD) has released the below Notices of Special Interest (NOSI):
Biophysical and Biomechanical Aspects of Embryonic Development (R01)
The purpose of this Notice of Scientific Interest (NOSI) is to support research in the area of physics and mechanics of embryonic development. Applicants should propose hypothesis-driven developmental biology research with the prospect of gaining new and critical information about tissue mechanics relevant to vertebrate development and understanding the basis for developmental disorders. Interdisciplinary research through collaborations between developmental biologists, physicists and engineers is encouraged. Visit the website for further details.
- This NOSI applies to due dates on or after 5 February 2020.
- Submit applications for this initiative using one of the following funding opportunity announcements (FOAs) or any reissues of these announcement through the expiration date of these notices:
Biophysical and Biomechanical Aspects of Embryonic Development (R21)
The Notice of Scientific Interest (NOSI) is intended to encourage innovative and high risk/impact research in the area of physics/mechanics of embryonic development to be explored in model organisms. The research proposed under this program can explore approaches and concepts new to the area of developmental tissue mechanics, research and development of new technologies, or initial research and development of data upon which significant future research may be built. The focus of this NOSI is to promote research aimed at generating new and critical information about tissue mechanics relevant to vertebrate development and understanding the basis for developmental disorders. Visit the website for further details.
- This notice applies to due dates on or after 16 February 2020 and subsequent receipt dates through 17 November 2022.
- Submit applications for this initiative using the following funding opportunity announcement (FOA) or any reissue of the announcement through the expiration date of this notice:
- PA-18-482 NICHD Exploratory/Developmental Research Grant (R21, Clinical Trial Optional)
- General enquiries: Khloe Xu, email@example.com