The Australian Flora Foundation was established with the aim of fostering scientific research on the biology and cultivation of Australian plants.
Applications for grants to support original scientific projects on the biology and cultivation of Australian plants are invited from research workers in Australia. The Australian Flora Foundation will consider all relevant applications, with special interest in the following categories:
- conservation of Australian plant diversity, particularly where there are threats from climate change
- the cultivation of Australian plants, to ensure their survival and reduce the threat to native ecosystems
- rare and endangered plants.
Funding & Duration
The Foundation expects to support between two and four projects at $5,000 – $15,000 for one year, with possible extension into 2022. Typically, projects are funded up to $10,000 p.a. for two years or up to $15,000 for one year.
Applications must be accompanied by a grant application administration fee of $55. Members of the Foundation are exempt from this fee; yearly membership is $33. To become a member please visit http://aff.org.au/join-aff/become-a-member/.
Submission Requirements & Due Date
- 9 March 2020: Preliminary applications due. Please forward a copy to Research Services.
- 8 June 2020: Full applications (by invitation) submitted for internal review.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code 514121
- Submit an Application to Research Services for Review
- General enquiries: email@example.com