Pfizer has released this Request for Proposals (RFP) to provide financial support for organizations producing independent educational programs and quality improvement initiatives designed to combat the evolving COVID-19 crisis.
Category A: Independent Medical Education Grants
To support educational programs for healthcare providers focused on the recognition, diagnosis, treatment, and overall care management of patients with COVID-19. Specific topics of interest include:
- Overview of the epidemiology, virology, and clinical features of COVID-19
- Summary of the criteria for testing and interpreting results of laboratory testing
- Recommendations for managing patients with COVID-19 at home and in the hospital
- Counsel for preventing transmission in the clinic and in the community
- Review of investigational treatments
- Guidance for managing special patient populations during the COVID-19 pandemic
- Retraining on COVID-19 relevant medical procedures (e.g. ventilator management) for clinicians returning to the work force
- Guidelines on the correct use and procedures of personal protective equipment (PPE)
In addition, supporting programs that include tools designed to help HCP’s educate patients and caregivers on the disease state, preventative measures, and emerging strategies for COVID-19 treatment.
Category B: Quality & Process Improvement Grants
The intent of this grant category is to provide support to hospitals or healthcare systems so that they may evaluate and improve their systems of care for COVID-19 patients. Funds can be used for staff training or clinical process improvement. While hospitals are dealing with the urgent care of patients with COVID-19, these grants can be used to address procedural challenges and needs. Quality improvement grants can also be used to help facilitate the sharing and exchange of best practices across hospital systems or geographic regions. Our goal is that the quality or process of care of patients will be improved with this additional funding support.
Funding & duration
Expected range of USD $20,000 – 250,000 (approx. AUD $31,000 – 390,000).
View funding guidelines (PDF) for eligibility details.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 15 May 2020.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- View funding guidelines (PDF)