BDSRA Australia is dedicated to improving the well-being of patients and families affected by Batten disease in Australia through family support, advancing awareness and education and through funding of vital research.
The objective of BDSRA Australia’s Batten Disease Research Grant Program is to advance local research across Australia and New Zealand that has the potential to:
- further our understanding of the disease mechanisms for all or any of the Neuronal Ceroid Lipofuscinoses (NCLs);
- advance therapeutic strategies; or
- improve current diagnosis, treatment, education and/or management practices or family support practices (including those that improve quality of life, palliative care or other).
Funding & duration
Up to $100,000 total funding available. Grants will be awarded for a one year period with potential, but no guarantee, of renewal based on progress made during the first year.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 15 June 2020.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review