The NHMRC-NIHR collaborative research grant scheme (NHMRC-NIHR scheme) supports Australian participation and collaboration in leading international collaborative research through the United Kingdom’s National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) Health Technology Assessment (HTA) programme. The HTA programme funds independent research about the effectiveness, costs and broader impact of healthcare treatments and tests.
Projects involving Australian researchers based in Australia and that are chosen by the NIHR for funding may be eligible for NHMRC support.
NHMRC is supporting Australian researchers for the following NIHR HTA research topics in 2 submission periods.
July 2020 submission:
- 19/76 Antipsychotics for anorexia nervosa
November 2020 submission:
- 19/120 Relapsing polymyalgia rheumatica
- 19/124 Effectiveness of meniscal allograft transplantation
A total of $3M funding is available.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 13 November 2020
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Contact a grants officer