The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER), under the Australia-China Strategic Research Fund (ACSRF), invites applications for its Joint Research Centres (JRCs), to support strategic science, technology and innovation collaboration of mutual benefit to Australia and China.
JRCs are virtual centres that link Australian and Chinese research institutions conducting a range of research-related activities in a specified field of research. JRCs enable a concentration of effort and achievement of outcomes beyond those of individual research projects.
The priority areas for round 4 of the program are:
Food and agribusiness
- supply chains
- future food and their regulation
- medical technologies including services and aged care
- financial technology
- big data
Energy and resources
- new energy (renewables)
- energy storage and supply
- mineral exploration
- biomedical metal materials such as titanium and magnesium alloys
- graphene technology
- high-performance structure and composites
Funding & duration
Australian research partners of each successful JRC will receive up to $1M, for up to three years, with the Chinese government supporting its respective Chinese partners.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian Business Number (ABN), and be one of the following eligible entities:
- a company, incorporated in Australia
- an incorporated not for profit organisation
- a Publicly Funded Research Organisation (PFRO)
- a Cooperative Research Centre
- other Australian incorporated entity
DISER only accept applications that involve:
- a Chinese primary partner who has submitted, or is in the process of submitting, a corresponding application to the relevant Chinese organisation in accordance with any guidelines or instructions issued by the Ministry of Science & Technology (MOST)
- an Australian end user or industry partner that can apply the research outcomes.
Submission requirements & due date
The University can submit a maximum of only two applications and only one application per priority area. Therefore an internal selection process will be conducted if there is more than one application under each priority area, and more than two applications across priority areas.
Interested research teams must complete the JRC 2020 Expression of Interest (DOC) form and submit to Khloe Xu at Research Services, firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 24 July 2020.