The ATMCF is a national drug discovery capability that applies medicinal chemistry expertise to translate biomedical research towards clinical relevance. Facilitated by Therapeutic Innovation Australia (TIA), and based at The Monash Institute of Pharmaceutical Sciences (MIPS), the ATMCF collaborates with researchers to identify and synthesize bioactive compounds (small molecules) which are optimized through medicinal chemistry against a range of potency, selectivity and pharmacokinetic criteria.
The ATMCF provides Australian researchers with an opportunity to:
- access subsidised medicinal chemistry
- access the Therapeutic Innovation Australia (TIA) Pipeline Accelerator for further cost reductions
- work with a team of medicinal chemists who have a proven track record in drug discovery and commercialisation outcomes
Do you require assistance in finding the right biologically active compound for your target or disease of interest? Not sure that you have adequate funding for a medicinal chemistry project? The ATMCF will work with you, and their partners, to discuss shared risk options and/or other funding opportunities for cost leveraging on your project.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 October 2020
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Contact a grants officer