BLOGS WEBSITE

Department of Industry, Science, Energy & Resources (DISER): Citizen Science grants

The Department of Industry, Science, Energy and Resources (DISER), under the Inspiring Australia – Science Engagement Programme invites applications for its Citizen Science Grants, for research projects in a field of science that has a national impact and supports community participation.

The intended outcome of the grant opportunity is increased community participation in scientific research projects where participants learn new skills, form new networks, receive acknowledgement for their participation, and receive updates on their participation in specific research projects.

This grant opportunity funds projects that provide all Australians with opportunities to participate in scientifically valid citizen science projects. Through the program, and building on the Australian Government’s National Science Statement and Advancing Women in STEM strategy, these grants deliver projects to engage and empower Australians in science while building their skills and scientific literacy.

This round will support projects that contribute to areas of national significance by addressing these specific focus areas:

  • disaster resilience and preparedness
  • environmental change
  • cyber security and artificial intelligence
  • food and agribusiness

Funding

Grants between $150,000 and $500,000 are available.

The grant will provide up to 85% of eligible project expenditure. The University is responsible for funding the remaining 15% of eligible project expenditure plus any ineligible expenditure. The University’s guidelines for contributions to external research funding apply to this grant scheme.

Submission requirements & due date

The University can only submit one application and therefore an internal selection process will be conducted.

Interested researchers must complete the Citizen Science 2020 expression of interest form and submit to the SEAP Grants team in Research Services (seapgrants@adelaide.edu.au) by COB 16 November 2020.

Further information

This entry was posted in Engineering, Computer & Mathematical Sciences, Funding by Award Type, Funding by Faculty, Grants (Project Funds), Sciences. Bookmark the permalink.
 

Comments are closed.