The Australian Moon to Mars initiative forms an important element of the Advancing Space: Australian Civil Space Strategy 2019-2028 and supports Australian organisations to join NASA’s inspirational endeavour to go forward to the Moon and on to Mars.
These grants support Australian businesses and researchers by assisting industry and research institutions to conduct feasibility activities for space projects. The objectives are to:
- demonstrate Australian small and medium-sized enterprise (SME) capacity and capability to develop space projects with a clear potential to support Moon to Mars activities for any of the following:
- space operability
- space support
- access to space
- develop and demonstrate the feasibility of space projects with the:
- potential to operate or directly support operations in space
- ability to support Moon to Mars activities
- demonstrate the value, including commercial value, of space projects to the space industry and marketplace
- develop Australian SME capability in early mission development activities
Funding & duration
Grants from $50,000 to $200,000 available for a period of 12 months.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 11 December 2020
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- General enquiries: firstname.lastname@example.org