NHMRC aims to provide assistance to Australian researchers to participate in multinational collaborative research projects that have been recommended for funding under the European Union-JPND Call for Proposals: “Linking pre-diagnosis disturbances of physiological systems to Neurodegenerative Diseases”
JPND is aimed at tackling the challenge of neurodegenerative diseases and coordinating investment into research to find causes, develop cures, and identify appropriate ways to care for those with neurodegenerative diseases.
Funding & duration
Grants of up to $500,000 available for a period of 3 years.
To be eligible for funding under this grant opportunity, Australian researchers must apply to the JPND as part of a transnational consortium application.
Only research with a key focus on one or several of the following neurodegenerative diseases will be funded through this grant opportunity:
- Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias
- Parkinson’s disease and PD-related disorders
- Prion diseases
- Motor neuron diseases
- Huntington’s disease
- Spinocerebellar ataxia (SCA)
- Spinal muscular atrophy (SMA)
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 June 2021
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review