The Space National Manufacturing Priority road map sets out a vision to support a globally recognised Australian space sector with the capability, capacity and expertise to locally design, develop, manufacture and deploy specialised products, equipment, systems and services for exporting to international markets and to support national and international space missions.
As an emerging sector in Australia, the advantages including capabilities in advanced communication technologies and services, earth observation, and robotics and automation, provide significant opportunity for growth. The road map identifies the key areas of opportunity and actions for government and industry to collaborate to increase capability, drive collaboration, and facilitate domestic and global supply chains.
Manufacturing Integration Stream
The Manufacturing Integration Stream will support projects that integrate Australian businesses into domestic and international value chains, propelling their goods and services into new markets and fostering Australia’s reputation as a modern manufacturing leader. It will encourage and facilitate linkages between local businesses and domestic and international firms, increasing scale, supply capacity, and the ability to innovate. It will also facilitate the adoption of product standards and greater sharing and transfer of knowledge.
Manufacturing Translation Stream
The Manufacturing Translation Stream will support projects that aid the translation of high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes and support businesses to scale-up and become more competitive and resilient. It will support businesses to adopt new technologies and improve their manufacturing processes to boost productivity and competitiveness.
Funding & duration
- From AUD $1M – $20M (expected average approx. $4M)
- Requires matching cash contribution (25% of cash can include funding from State, Territory or local government grants)
- All projects must be completed by 31 March 2024
Submission requirements & due date
- Universities are not eligible to apply as lead, but can contribute to programs led by other Australian businesses.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Applications must be submitted direct to sponsor by 22 March 2021
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- General enquiries: email@example.com