Australia has an international reputation for producing premium, safe and high-quality food and beverage products. Close proximity to Asian markets and a reputation as a trusted supplier of premium goods has led to the food and beverage sector becoming a major manufacturing sector for the Australian economy. There are opportunities to bring food and beverage manufacturers together to:
- manage the development of new products for emerging markets
- translate research into commercial applications
- manufacture locally and export more high value products to overseas markets.
Manufacturing Integration Stream
The Manufacturing Integration Stream will support projects that integrate Australian businesses into domestic and international value chains, propelling their goods and services into new markets and fostering Australia’s reputation as a modern manufacturing leader. It will encourage and facilitate linkages between local businesses and domestic and international firms, increasing scale, supply capacity, and the ability to innovate. It will also facilitate the adoption of product standards and greater sharing and transfer of knowledge.
Manufacturing Translation Stream
The Manufacturing Translation Stream will support projects that aid the translation of high quality research and ideas into commercial outcomes and support businesses to scale-up and become more competitive and resilient. It will support businesses to adopt new technologies and improve their manufacturing processes to boost productivity and competitiveness.
- Minimum $1M, maximum $20M (expected average ~$4M)
- Requires matching cash contribution (25% of cash can include funding from State, Territory or local government grants)
- All projects must be completed by 31 March 2024
Submission requirements & due date
- Universities are not eligible to apply as lead, but can contribute to programs led by other Australian businesses.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- Applications must be submitted direct to sponsor by 28 April 2021
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- General enquiries: email@example.com