The US Department of States Global Engagement Center (GEC) seeks proposals from interested organizations to write a report which:
- identifies critical resource markets where the People’s Republic of China (PRC) is using disinformation, misinformation, or propaganda to undermine transparent, rule-based commercial efforts;
- exposes how the PRC is conducting its disinformation efforts in these sectors; and
- proposes recommendations regarding how to best combat these efforts.
The report should include case studies that compare and contrast specific investments by allies and adversaries intended to strengthen good critical resource governance, protect sovereignty of resources, and offer long-term benefits to local communities. Case studies are not limited by geography or income but should include countries involved in upstream or midstream critical resource supply chains and which are targeted by—or at risk of being targeted by—PRC disinformation/misinformation campaigns.
Up to USD $350,000 (approx. AUD $447,000).
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 18 June 2021 (please note: the below program guidelines incorrectly list the external deadline as 25 June 2020. The external deadline is 25 June 2021).
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- View program guidelines (PDF)