Snow fellowships target emerging global research leaders that show the potential to drive, manage and influence the next generation of health and medical innovation. The fellowship provides these emerging leaders the independence, funding and time to develop a visionary biomedical research program, build their research team, and establish leadership experience.
The program supports ambitious research and high performing teams, and applicants should be mindful of diversity, inclusivity and gender equality. For benchmarking purposes, profiles of the first three Snow fellows are available on the Snow Medical website.
Funding & duration
Each Snow fellowship will be up to $8M over eight years for eligible early to mid-career researchers. Fellowship funding will be available to set up and operate a research laboratory, comprising salaries for the Snow fellow and post-doctoral researchers, PhD student scholarship top-ups, technical and laboratory management support, project funds and leadership development.
- Applicants must have a minimum tertiary qualification of a PhD from an Australian or international university
- As at 18 October 2021, applicants must have held their PhD for no more than 10 years and no less than 5 years from the date that their PhD thesis was conferred unless they have had a career disruption
- Applicants must be an Australian citizen, permanent resident or hold a relevant work visa at the time of commencement of the Fellowship. International applicants are encouraged
Submission requirements & due date
- 4 June 2021: Internal nomination deadline
- 30 June 2021: EOI submitted to Research Services for review
- 7 July 2021, 4.30pm ACST: EOI submitted to sponsor
Each eligible organisation (including The University of Adelaide) is limited to submission of no more than two (2) expressions of interest (EOI). Potential applicants who believe they may be competitive should send a short email outlining the 8 year research vision and CV summarising their research track record (maximum 2 pages), to email@example.com by the internal nomination deadline.
A selection process will follow involving the relevant Faculties (and DVCR if required), to select the most competitive two (2) nominees. We anticipate being able to advise the successful nominees by 11 June 2021 if they can proceed to developing an expression of interest for submission by the external deadline.