The Dementia Australia Research Foundation is pleased to announce the following grant round supporting talented new and early career researchers.
Funding & duration
Up to 4 Post-doctoral Fellowships for new and early-career researchers. The 3-year award includes salary (up to $110,000 pa) and research expenses ($75,000).
- At the time of acceptance and for the duration of a grant, the Applicant (Chief
Investigator (CI)) must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, or a permanent resident
of Australia. All applicants must provide evidence to their host institution to support this
criterion. Host institutions are responsible for certifying and ensuring that these
requirements are met. The Dementia Australia Research Foundation may request further
information in relation to these requirements, including evidence of residency and/or
citizenship. Applicants who hold a temporary work visa are not eligible to apply.
- The CI must not have more than four years post-PhD experience at the time of applying,
adjusted for career interruptions / relative to opportunity i.e. the CI was awarded a PhD
or equivalent (DPhil or M.D. by research) on or after 6 July 2017 or has submitted a PhD
thesis for examination (the thesis must be passed prior to the proposed commencement
date of the project).
- The CI must identify an experienced dementia researcher as a supervisor, who is based
at the same or a related institution (e.g. an affiliated hospital or research institute) as the
CI. Under usual circumstances, the mentor would not have been the applicant’s PhD
- The research must be conducted primarily in Australia and address the topic and scope
of the funding round. However, the RAD Post-doctoral Fellowship may include a 6-month
secondment that may be taken within or outside Australia.
- The research must be approved by an authorised ethics committee, if applicable. Please
note that grant payments may be withheld until ethics approval has been obtained.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 16 August 2021
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code FND000780.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review