The Dementia Australia Research Foundation is pleased to announce the following grant round supporting talented new and early career researchers.
Funding & duration
Up to 12, $75,000 capacity building Project Grants for new and early-career researchers.
- At the time of acceptance and for the duration of a grant, the Applicant (Chief
Investigator (CI)) must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, a permanent resident of
Australia, or have an appropriate work visa in place at the time of acceptance and for the
duration of the project. The CI must also be based in Australia for at least 80% of the
funding period. All applicants must provide evidence to their host institution to support
this criterion. Host institutions are responsible for certifying and ensuring that these
requirements are met. The Dementia Australia Research Foundation may request further
information in relation to these requirements, including evidence of residency and/or
- The CI must not have more than six years post-PhD experience at the time of applying,
adjusted for career interruptions / relative to opportunity i.e. the CI was awarded a PhD
or equivalent (DPhil or M.D. by research) on or after 6 July 2015 or has submitted a PhD
thesis for examination (the thesis must be passed prior to the proposed commencement
date of the project).
- The CI must not have been awarded project funding from NHMRC, ARC, MRFF or
equivalent international schemes where they have been listed as the lead CI (i.e. CIA) on
- The research must be conducted primarily in Australia and address the topic and scope
of the funding round.
- The research must be approved by an authorised ethics committee, if applicable. Please
note that grant payments may be withheld until ethics approval has been obtained.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 16 August 2021
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code FND000780.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review