This grant opportunity is part of the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) under the Emerging Priorities and Consumer Driven Research Initiative. This initiative aims to enable and support the translation of new discoveries into clinical practise.
The objective is to provide grants of financial assistance to support Indigenous-led Australian medical research projects. These projects translate existing knowledge through culturally safe care for pregnancy, birthing and the post-natal period, for example on-country birthing and continuity of family and midwifery care.
Funding & duration
When applying, the grant amount will be up to 100% of eligible project costs:
- The minimum grant amount is $2 million.
- The maximum grant amount is $5 million.
You must complete your project within a minimum of 2 years and a maximum of 5 years from the date of execution.
To be eligible you must:
- have an Australian business number (ABN)
- be incorporated in Australia.
You must also be in accordance with s24 of the MRFF Act 2015, and be one of the following entities:
- a medical research institute
- a university
- a corporate Commonwealth entity
- a corporation (including businesses and not for profits).
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 18 November 2021.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- Visit the website for this scheme