Applications for the 2021 Osteopathy Australia Research Grant Scheme are now OPEN. The Osteopathy Australia Research Grant Scheme aims to promote, encourage, and support research that advances osteopathy.
Funding & duration
Seeding grants are valued at up to $5,000 each. Seed funding is granted for research projects that can achieve a tangible outcome within 12 months of receipt of grant funds.
Only one proposal per applicant(s) will be accepted by the Osteopathy Australia Research
Committee for any grant type in any application cycle.
- The primary applicant (chief investigator) must not currently hold an Osteopathy Australia
- An applicant may not hold more than one grant as the principal investigator at any one time.
Each grant application must include a researcher who is a registered Osteopath and a financial
member of Osteopathy Australia.
- All researchers must be included within the proposal.
- Supplementing funding from other grant sources must be approved by the Osteopathy Australia
Research Committee, if not described in the original research plan.
- Awards from other sources may be approved by the Osteopathy Australia Research Committee
if the researcher submits a rationale that justifies any budgetary overlap to the Committee’s
- The final amount approved for funding of any grant application is at the discretion of the
Osteopathy Australia Research Committee and may be less than proposed by the applicant.
Such decisions will be made by the Committee based upon availability of funds and proposed
- All successful applicants require ethics approval where required, prior to funding.
Where an eligibility ruling is being considered, Osteopathy Australia Research Committee may
request further information in order to assess whether the eligibility requirement has been met.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 13 August 2021.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review