ACH2 is seeking expressions of interest (EOI) in applied research from qualified scientists to fund research projects aimed at:
- developing vaccine candidates for HIV, HBV subtypes, HCV or HTLV-1;
- developing preventatives such as HIV microbicides and pre-exposure prophylaxis (PrEP);
- cure and treatment interventions for HIV, HBV, or HTLV-1, including immunotherapy;
- novel diagnostics and prognostics for HIV, HBV, HCV, HTLV-1 or hepatitis B/C/HIV/HTLV-1 co-infection;
- molecular tools for tracking epidemics caused by these viruses; and
- development of new tests for supporting vaccine and antiviral trials.
Basic research is not eligible, and grants aimed at development of new direct-acting antivirals against HCV are also not eligible.
Funding & duration
Funding is available for 10 months from 1 December 2021, in line with the agreement with the Commonwealth Government (but with potential extension to 31 December 2022), for grants up to $100,000.
Chief Investigators must be equivalent to NHMRC PSP 4, usually with existing salary support for the duration of funding. The eligibility criteria for CIs (see Guidelines on website) will be strictly interpreted by the Scientific Advisory Committee.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 6 September 2021.
- Please complete your RFR through ResearchMaster. When prompted to Select Fund Scheme use Fund Scheme code ORG105111.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- General enquiries: email@example.com
- Contact a grants officer