The Australian Academy of Science invites applications from Australian PhD students and postdoctoral researchers to attend the 13th HOPE Meeting with Nobel Laureates, in the areas of physics, chemistry, physiology/medicine and related fields. The meeting will be held virtually from 7 to 11 March 2022.
Since 2008, the Japan Society for the Promotion of Science (JSPS) has held a HOPE Meeting in Japan with Nobel Laureates and around 110 outstanding graduate students and young researchers, specially selected from countries around the Asia–Pacific region. The participants engage in interdisciplinary discussions with Nobel Laureates and other distinguished scientists pioneering the frontiers of knowledge.
Ideal applicants will demonstrate a strong commitment to their principal field of study and to interdisciplinary work, for example by double degrees or interdisciplinary projects.
The application must be submitted by the Research Office of the University of Adelaide; individual applications will not be accepted. The University of Adelaide is limited to applying on behalf of one PhD student and one postdoctoral researcher, in the fields of physics, chemistry, physiology/medicine or related fields.
- be a PhD student or postdoctoral researcher (having received a PhD after 2 April 2016) with excellent academic performance
- be an Australian citizen, or permanent resident, and living in Australia at the time of application
- be able to participate in the entire meeting program, as detailed in the 13th HOPE Meeting outline
- have not been selected to participate in past HOPE Meetings
- be able to provide a high-quality poster presentation related to their subject field in English.
Terms of the award
Successful candidates must be able to attend all meeting events and have a sufficient internet environment to be able to engage with web conference platforms.
Submission requirements & due date
Interested researchers must complete the AAS 13th HOPE Meeting with Nobel Laureates Expression of Interest and submit to the SEAP Grants team in Research Services, by COB 30 August 2021.
- General Enquiries
- Visit the website for this scheme