The Scheme offers opportunities to enhance, maintain, or re-invigorate research momentum, and assist the Fellowship recipients in applying for, and assuming, enhanced roles in the near future. Preference will be given to those staff whose research momentum has been affected by caring responsibilities, resulting in career-disruption or reduced working hours.
Funding & duration
The Fellowships are to be expended over a period of 6 to 12 months, and there is an expectation that funds will be spent within one calendar year. Applicants will be asked to nominate the time period in their application. The Fellowship provides a maximum of $30,000 per 1.0 FTE. For part-time applicants, funding will be allocated on a pro-rata basis. There is no requirement for matching funds from the applicant’s School or Faculty. Up to six Fellowships for 2022 will be offered in the Scheme.
- be female academic staff already employed by the University of Adelaide at Levels B and C;
- hold a continuing position, or have a contract for a minimum of two years from 2022;
- have been employed by the University of Adelaide since at least 1 January 2021, at a minimum of 0.4 FTE;
- have experienced a career disruption resulting from caring responsibilities within the last 5 years which has impacted on their work;
- have been awarded a PhD or have equivalent standing; and
- not have had SSP within the last 12 months.
Previous Kidman Fellowship holders are ineligible to apply for at least 3 years from the end date of their Fellowship.
Applicants are required to consult with their Head of School as part of the application process, as the latter will be asked to indicate their willingness to host the Fellowship, and confirm that arrangements have been agreed on how to manage the impact on the teaching load of the applicant and other commitments during the Fellowship period.
Submission requirements & due date
- Applications must be submitted for review by 5 November 2021
- Please complete your IFS eForm (Internal Fund Scheme Request v1.3) through ResearchMaster.
- At Question 2 select “Barbara Kidman Women’s Fellowship Scheme”.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review
- General enquiries: email@example.com