The Australian Brain Cancer Mission aims to double the survival rates and improve the quality of life of patients with brain cancer over 10 years, with the longer term aim of defeating brain cancer.
The objective of this grant opportunity is to provide a grant of financial assistance to support an Australian medical research and medical innovation project that aims to improve outcomes for Australians diagnosed with brain cancer (specifically glioblastoma multiforme) by leading, co-ordinating and managing the implementation and evaluation of the Australian arm of the Glioblastoma Adaptive Global Innovative Learning Environment (GBM AGILE) clinical trial.
The intended outcome of the research is to improve the health and wellbeing of Australians by:
- improving the health, wellbeing and survival outcomes of Australians with a diagnosis of GBM by providing access to a world-first, innovative clinical trial for a disease where there are few other treatment or trial options; and
- further building Australia’s clinical trials capacity and infrastructure, thereby supporting future research activities and collaborations.
Applicants to this grant opportunity must propose to conduct research that delivers against the above objective and those of the Australian Brain Cancer Mission. Applicants are encouraged to describe how the outcomes of the research will be translated into health benefits for Australians.
Funding & duration
Total Amount Available: $12M AUD. The maximum project period is 4 years.
- Applications must satisfy all the requirements set out in the Medical Research Future Fund (MRFF) – Australian Brain Cancer Mission – 2021 GBM AGILE Grant Opportunity Guidelines.
- A person must not be named as a Chief Investigator (CI) on more than one application submitted to this grant opportunity.
- Applications must include a Partner Organisation letter of support from the Global Coalition for Adaptive Research (GCAR).
Submission requirements & due date
- Minimum Data is due 5:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on 16 February 2022. Questions should be submitted no later than 1:00 pm (ACT Local Time) on Wednesday 23 February 2022.
- Applications must be submitted for internal review by 23 February 2022.
- Please email email@example.com if you are considering applying for this scheme.
- See also: Submitting an application to Research Services for review